Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Better You

I think fear is a sad motivator, but a very real one. I am the "curvy girl" of burlesque here in Dallas and I am proud to carry that torch. I do not, however, want to give young ladies the impression that "curvy" is an excusable term to be used in place of obese.

I have a new goal. I have begun a workout regiment and I want to represent a healthy full figured woman for my fans. So starting now I am going to post my workouts and how it is affecting my shape and wieght loss/ muscle growth.

No more excuses. I am an asthmatic overweight girl and I am going at it full steam. I dont want you ladies to hurt yourselves, so lets all take it slow at first. our goal will be to work up to 60 minutes a day. 60 minutes of moderate, heart rate increasing excercise. If you ahve never workedout before maybe begin with 2 30 minutes sessions at a time. Walking is a good start becaise everyone can do that. I am also looking into http://www.shapefit.com/workout-questions-hiit-cardio.html which is a HIIT workout. Its very intense we will begin at four minutes to begin with. You will be surprised at how exausting even four minutes will be.

SO far with cardio and weight lifting I have lost 2 pounds. Its a start. I want to get rid of the buddhaa belly I have developed from being out of the gym after I ripped my shoulder.

I also got braces. Nothing like saving your akward period for your thirties. Thankfully I have had tem on a week and I can already tell that teeth are moving around. Good stuff!

-Mariah

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Atta girl! I'm getting back to my Jazzersize classes. My goal is 3 days a week the entire month of August- then in Sept. bump it up another class or two.

    ReplyDelete