Saturday, July 25, 2009

More to Love?

http://www.fox.com/moretolove/

Yeah. I know.

The first few promos for this show seemed releatively harmless and benign. The promos including some of the girls confessions or one on ones totally did me in fo this show.

Now look, Im not a big reality show person at all. I like the dance/talent shows, which is a given because I am a dancer. Frustrating as they are I still watch them, and swear I will quit them at the end of each season. I LOVE COPS. Good guy wins every time. These shows about finding love, or having a camera in your bathroom, or following kids who are 16 and pregnant, not so much. I digress.

Fox's promos that include the girls on camera confessions or interviews just KILLED it for me. I haven't even seen the show and I am already offended! The premise of finding love , on a TV show, on camera, when you only have 20 to choose from is mind boggling to me. I am married and I swear I had to date every jerk in my area code before I found a really good one. To take the love on tv premise one step further and make the show about "full figured women", well I might have watched until the montage of the women speaking about how difficult it is to find love when you are larger sized woman.....Really? No it's not. The tag lines for the show insinuate that this show will PROVE that full size people can find love. Aww thats sweet. Wait but the bachelor is a large guy? So what are they saying. Pair the fatties together and the skinnies together? Um are they saying the full figured women have dug through the barrel and all they can get is the big guy? WTF? Love isn't blind. It's produced, packaged and promoed to suspend your disbeleif! I certainly hope none of the larger women I know are going ot buy into this crap. Please do not buy into the hype. Love is no harder to find for a full figured woman than it is for anyone else. We all have some sort of handicaps that potential mates must contend with or accept. Bad skin, bad teeth, bad credit, ex- wives with children, any of the above are superficial but on some level, a reason for or against dating someone. Holy crap, let's just set society back about 20 years. Hey maybe next season they can have a BLACK Bachelor or Bachelorette! No one has thought of THAT before! Then maybe they can paint a picture of how difficult it is for african americans to find love. No wait, we had "Flavor of Love." At least the parade of women on THAT show was diverse.

The jury is still out on "Biggest Loser". It is a very inspiring show, but I'm still not convinced that anyone can lose that much weight without some sort of skin tucking surgery. I know better because extra skin after extreme weight loss IS REALITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment